July 2013 Board of Directors Minutes
Stoughton Youth Soccer League
Minutes Tues July 9, 2013
Roll Call: In attendance: Mario, Howie, Lisa, Colum, Joanne, Jay, Brian M.
Guests: Brian F., Ariel
Review of Minutes from last meeting: Motion to accept made by Howie, seconded by Colum. Unanimous vote to approve.
Review of Registrar’s Report: reviewed current registration levels. Discussed options for advertisement. Motion to accept made by Howie, seconded by Colum. Unanimous vote to approve.
Treasurer’s Report: Lorraine to e-mail to board
Field Report: Grass High Field 1, landscaper unable to cut due to rain. Light out on irrigation shed, replaced.
Concession Report: Joanne to new Food License with town
SSSL Report – None
TOPSoccer Report – None
- Sponsor plaques – one plaque still in concession – all others distributed
- Annual board meeting 7/23 7pm @ Chateau
- E-mail vote: approved 5 tickets for Rodregus family work done on Parade float.
- Summer Soccer League – divisions utilizing fields during the summer following SYSL guidelines: U8 Boys, U8 Girls, U10 Girls
- Jake Way Back Burger Fundraiser – $180.71 total
Fall Season 2013:
- Penny saver add to be placed/ school flyer (not all schools sent it out)
- Determine number of teams per division: Motion by Howie Seconded by Jay. Unanimous vote to approve
- U10 Boys 3 teams
- U10 Girls 2 teams
- U12 Boys – table
- U12 Girls 3 teams
- U14 Boys 1 team (over roster)
- U14 Girls 2 teams
- Final try out date: July 25th
- Date for teams to be created 7/29 by coaches
- Pick Uniform vendor for in-house: Poptopps motion by Howie Seconded by Brian. Unanimous vote to approve.
- Date for Uniform order – In house August 5th to be guaranteed for Aug 26th
- Fall Clinics – MPS to run fall clinics Mon/Tues/Wed Motion by Howie Seconded by Jay. Unanimous vote to approve.
- Sponsor Thank you Add – Joanne to do
- Fall Sponsors – Joanne will coordinate – help needed by all
- Set up passwords for new board member – Howie to do
- Goalie Jerseys – need to record who we distribute to and ensure they are retuned at end of season
- Field Clean up for fall season – August 24th
- Permit for practice Fields – Lorraine to review
- Scholarship winners: committee consisted of Joanne Gately (board representative), Howie Finer (board representative), Ya Kahn ,(parent member representative) Michael Harrington (parent member representative) and Erika Thornton (parent member representative). Approved $750 per recipient (note additional $500per recipient donated by Prone Foundation) Recipients: Cameron Ramos, Michael Paukner, Niamh Fennessy.
- Check signing authorization: current: Lorraine, Howie, Mario – change to Mario, Colum and Lisa.