LicensingUpdated Thursday September 10, 2015 by Stoughton Youth Soccer League.
Stoughton Youth Soccer encourages all of our volunteer coaches to obtain their G & F coaching licenses. Reimbursement will be provided for these courses when the following criteria are met:
1. Coach for 2 years (not seasons) after receiving your license. Once you are coaching for your 4th season, you have met this requirement.
2. Provide a copy of your certificate showing completion of said course.
3. Provide a receipt of your payment.
* Please note that licenses beyond F will not be considered for reimbursement. *
The G License Course
Massachusetts Youth Soccer is known internationally as an innovator in Coaching Education. The foundation of all of our coaching education programs and courses is our G License Course. While the "G" is designed to guide Coaches of players 6 to 8 years of age, it also introduces coaches to principles and methodologies that will prove invaluable in coaching youth soccer players at all ages and levels of competition. We believe your players deserve the best coaching they can receive and it all begins with the "G"....
The G is a beginning course for coaches....it is not just a course for beginning coaches. Every coach will benefit from The G. The content covered by The G ....
• Coaching organization and theory
• How to become a resourceful and creative "Activity Leader". How to shape your kids' soccer environment.
• Ideas and suggestions about organizing practices and game days
• Practical activities and stimulating games for practices
• Teaching and correcting dribbling, passing, and shooting techniques
• Ideas on parent education and learning theory
• Characteristics of U6 and U8 players age appropriate coaching methodology
All Coaches MUST complete the G License Course before taking any other license course.
F LICENSE COACHING COURSE
The Mass Youth Soccer F License Coaching Course is designed for the novice Coach who has some experience coaching players from U8 to U12. It is intended for those who coach or who intend to coach U10 and U12 teams. While there is no waiting period between the G License and the F License, in order to obtain an F License, a coach must first have obtained his or her G License. A candidate must also be 16 years of age or older. The F License Course is an 8 HOUR course that involves both classroom and field work. Bring your soccer ball, a notebook and pen, water and snacks and dress ready to play!
• Discussions of the many characteristics of the U10 and U12 player.
• Technically and tactically age appropriate activities for U10 and U12 players
• Information on how to design and impliment an effective training session
• More thorough demonstration of basic technique in dribbling, passing, receiving, tackling, heading and shooting
• Elementary goalkeeping techniques
• Basic tactical ideas in reference to the principles of play
• Discussions on the differences in coaching each gender, motivation and team building, injury prevention and management and ethics.
E LICENSE COACHING COURSE
U.S. Soccer Coaching certification begins at the state level. Massachusetts Youth Soccer conducts E-License Courses throughout the year at various locations across the state. The “E” covers the elementary principles of coaching and is designed to assist experienced coaches of U10, U12 and U14 players. The U.S. Soccer Federation does not permit any waivers into the E License Coaching Course and every candidate must first successfully complete the F License course. There is a five (5) month waiting period between the F License Course and entering the E License Course. A candidate must also be 16 years of age or older. The E License Course is a 16 HOUR course that involves both classroom and field work. Bring your soccer ball, a notebook and pen, water and snacks and come dressed to play.
• The E License course combines soccer theory and practice
• Discussions of various systems of play, laws of the game and restarts
• Games and exercises for age appropriate practices
• Tactical ideas, including the tactics of 2 versus 1 situations
• Each participant will have the opportunity to lead a short coaching session, with constructive feedback from the instructor
D LICENSE COACHING COURSE
The "D" license is a 36 to 40-hour course designed for the experienced coach who has already earned a National "E" license. The focus of this course is to improve a coaches’ ability to positively influence individual players and teams.
The course has 4 phases that you will need to successfully complete to achieve a National Passing Grade.