October

Updated Monday October 23, 2017 by Stoughton Youth Soccer League.

 

 SYSL Board of Directors Meeting

Monday October 2, 2017

7:00 pm

Minutes

                  A. Roll Call

                  Kevin, Ian, Amy, Amanda, Karen, Paul, Shane

                   

                  B. Review of minutes from last meeting

                  Read by Kevin, see prior meeting minutes

                   

                  C. Registrar’s Report - When does Spring registration start/end?

                  Spring registration opening shortly, early bird ends second weekend in November (means you are not

                  guaranteed a spot for travel).  Registration to close March 1st

                   

                  Advertising for registration:

                  Karen will handle - Agreed to get signs to put in yards about registration – approx. 20

                  Karen to talk to Stoughton Rec to see if they can put us on their page

                  Karen to talk to Parent Liaisons at elementary schools

                   

                  D. Treasurer’s Report

                  See excel spreadsheet – what we spent vs made, Trish will add in bank balance and review at next meeting.

                   

                  E. Field Report

                  a. Field Paint Order

                  Paint ordered for this season, will reorder in the spring so we don’t have it in the shed all winter

                   

                  b. Field Status Update

                  Field 2 looks good

                   

                  c. Next Plans

Getting quotes to re-level field 1 and re-sod 3

                  Getting quote for the well pipe to see if we can get a larger pipe – Ian calling S&L

                   

                  F. Concession Report

a. Need new hot water heater – Ian to call on hot water quote– going to contact Chuck Hannaford and S&L for quotes

b. Need coffee maker - DONE

                   

                  G. SSSL Report

a.     Update from meeting?

Tabled all votes, minutes were lost.  Rule change votes will happen next meeting.  Soft offsides as a trial for U10 girls and boys, will consider for the spring. 

 

b. Director of Soccer Development

Someone needs to be in charge of coach and player development, attend seminars, learn to do proper evaluations, etc.  Will have a board member or outside member do this and provide updates at our board meetings.  Lou will do for now, Rob Mitchell is interested so we will see if he can do this.  Kevin to ask Rob.  Volunteer position but we could comp the meeting fees.

 

                  H. TOP Soccer Report - Invoices all set?

                  Tricia said all set.

                   

                  I. Fall 2017 Season

a. Rosters, Score Reporting

Score reporting going well. 

                   

b. Quick Club App

Rosters in this, we need to use to report scores, consensus is it seems easier to report

 

c. Season Update

Tanya’s team is winning to many games, concern with running up score.  Kevin asked to make sure they try to keep it to a 5 point differential with more passing.  Move her up next season (consider C)

                   

                  J. Old Business - Vote/record email votes

                  No votes

                   

                  K. New Business

a. James Boden – Suffolk University Coach

Lives in town, wants to help out.  Will think of opportunities for him to help out.

Considering a coaching clinic

b. Schedule Photo Day Spring 2018

Karen to book now

c. Tax Filing

Need to coordinate with tax guy

                   

d. Non Profit Filed?

Trish will file

 

e. Annual Report Filed?

Amy to do – fill out and pay fee.  Kevin to show Amy where to do this.

                   

f. Player age/move policy revision

Kevin will edit and send out for feedback – goal is to clarify how we move up players.  There will be a form to fill out.  Need to make sure we have it so if there are no tryouts, we still have ability to move up.  When tryouts, we use those to determine. 

g. South School PTO for a certificate for free registration?

Approved already, we will do this. 

 

h. Raffle for revs shirt?

We have a signed revolutions shirt, we will do a two week raffle after the tickets are done.

                   

                  L. Adjourn – next meeting (Monday November 6th- 7:00pm) Police station

 




COMMENTS
This article has No Comments.
Be the first to add your comments!
Click the "Post a New Comment" button below.
firstname lastname commented Just Now
×
"body"

You must be a member of the League and logged in to post comments. Login here.